Sunday, March 25, 2018

Fuck The NRA

Yesterday's marches around the country (and the world) concerning our inaction when it comes to gun violence should be a wakeup call for all those NRA whores in our government. The last time the kids got almighty and royally pissed off, we now have the 26th Amendment to our Constitution. After being drafted into the Army at age 18, handed an M 16 and sent halfway around the world to shoot and be shot at by people we had no personal quarrel with and not having any say in who the elected officials were who made those decisions, the kids stood up and my generation got the vote.

We said "enough!" and made it happen.

I'm fucking proud of the kids from Florida, they stood up and said "ENOUGH!" on a worldwide stage and any politician who fails to pay attention will be in deep shit when they turn 18 and vote....

Don't get me wrong, I'm a gun guy, got taught all the essentials of firearm safety when I was ten or so years old at summer camp, .22 cal shorts from a bolt-action single shot rifle and I've never forgotten the lessons imparted by our NRA certified instructor. I still love to shoot, I'm a member of a local gun range where a bunch of us get together to have fun honing our skills when it ain't winter. But.....

Fuck the NRA.

They have turned into something foul and obscene and make all of us gun-totin' Deadheads look bad. I let my membership lapse many years ago precisely because I saw the direction they were going and I didn't want anything to do with them ever again. The entire concept of today's NRA deserves to be put in an old wooden rowboat soaked in creosote, set adrift on the Berkeley Pit in Butte, MT, set on fire and burned down to the waterline. I'd lay odds on the Pit spitting the remains out as even too toxic for it....

No comments: