Saturday, April 28, 2012

Willard?

Now, this is rather amusing...

When I was a child growing up in suburban Detroit my parents were apparently devoted Republicans and, as such, played host to the Governor at that time in our house for some kind of political function. Me being totally clueless, I did what was expected of me, being a child of the era, and was "seen but not heard" while the local Republican elite gathered in our living room to hear whatever George Romney had to say.... I have absolutely no memory of the particular verbiage bandied about (thankfully) but I can't help but wonder, given current events, what might have been if I had changed up into "obscene and herd" mode at some highly inappropriate moment of the proceedings....

Willard might not be.... a moment in history was in my grasp and I fluffed it. Had I decided to defecate in the back seat of his car or spike his drink with vodka from mom and dad's liquor cabinet or any of a thousand other little weirdnesses we might not be looking at his clownish, clueless, rapacious and useless son as a "Presidential Candidate" today.

And so much for that.

No comments: