Saturday, November 5, 2011

Willful Ignorance

What a mess.
I read as widely as I can and listen pretty carefully to the world around me and I'm now crossing over from exasperated to seriously pissed off.... There was a time when my maternal grandparents were alive and well that my world held promise of better things to come - in fits and starts I have been witness to a great unravelling of the sweater of life. Pick one thread, start pulling on it and, pretty soon, the whole thing disintegrates into chaos.
Our world is on the verge of a great change - greed, ignorance and warfare seem to be the dominant themes currently and what comes after is anybody's guess. The MoneyFreaks who think they run the show are in for a rude awakening, what they have is a fictional delusion sustained by nothing.... When it all falls down, the rest of humanity either grows up or dies.
I might be an old guy but, all things being what they really are, I'd like to stay alive a bit longer to see if I can help make something better out of the inevitable wreckage......

No comments: